Wednesday, March 19, 2014

What does 10,000 calories look like?



Yesterday at the gym I passed a milestone which was burning 10,000 calories in total on the treadmill. I usually do 5KM three times a week on my “Cardio Days” and usually burn 500-600 calories in the 49:00 it takes me to walk 5KM.

The machines I use at Anytime Fitness allow you to log in and track your progress so as you can see in the below photo it took me 17 hours on the treadmill to pass this mark. It got me thinking about how hard I’ve worked to do that and about some of my favourite treats that “Old Dave” used to consume on a very regular basis. So what does 10,000 calories equal?

If you wanted to consume 10,000 calories you could consume any of the following :

75 bottles of Budweiser Beer

18 Big Macs from McDonalds

20 orders of McDonalds Fries (Large Size)

33 bottles of Coke

20 Extra Large Tim Hortons Coffees

23 Bagel B.E.L.T’s from Tim Hortons

37 bags of All Dressed Potato Chips

9 Large Dairy Queen – Oreo Blizzards

21 slices of Meat Lovers Pizza from Pizza Hut

18 Fully Loaded baked potatoes from Wendy’s

105 strips of bacon

116 Chicken Wings - Note I used to go to a “All You Can Eat” wing night on Thursdays for 9.99 the scary thing is I used to consume about five lbs of wings on any given Thursday. That would roughly be about 5000 calories not to mention the amount of alcohol I would also consume would be about 6 or 7 pints of beer so that would be almost 6000 calories on one evening. It makes me sick to my stomach to think about that but when I look at the above list I know I’ll never go back to eating garbage like that.


If you want to keep track of my progress on this journey you can follow @Lose4food on Twitter or keep on eye on The MAIN BLOG PAGE.

No comments:

Post a Comment