Sunday, February 3, 2019

Daddy's Mini-Me


Arnold Henry is a born St. Lucian who is currently residing in Chestermere, AB with his wife and their son. Before he became a published children's book author he faced face a harsh rejection letter where an agent had said to him that stories on African-American fathers is a tough sell.

Today, he is living his dreams and promoting fatherhood with his latest publication, Daddy's Mini-Me. He has visited over 60 schools within the past months where he reads to kids. Henry is now working on his new book, Mommy's Mini-Me which is scheduled to be release on Mother's Day 2019.

I met Arnold through a Facebook page called "Calgary Dads" and watched his YouTube series of him reading books to his child.  This hit home with me as my wife and I have read a book to our daughter every night before bed since she was born in 2014.   I met Arnold in person as I had won tickets to see Splash N Boots here in Calgary and had a couple of extra tickets.   I admire his drive and mission and also how he did not let that one agent stop him from achieving his dream.



Arnold wasn't having this and launched a Kickstarter campaign that was able to raise $12,864 to make this dream a reality.


If you would like to order a copy you can do so through Amazon by CLICKING HERE

Some reviews from Amazon:

This book fills the void for what is needed in today's society! Being a great father is a task that often-times goes overlooked and unnoticed. I love how this book shows the passion that one can have about fatherhood. This book shines a light on the joys of parenting and how rewarding it is to watch your little one grow and for them to learn the world; making them a better version of yourself... a 2.0! I really love the book and cannot wait to share it with my future children.

We all loved this book! The first time I read it, my sons eyes lit up with happiness! As soon as we finished, they automatically begged me to read it again! And this time they happily joined in! SUCH A GREAT BOOK FOR EDUCATORS! Your child will love this story! And the agreement at the beginning gives it a beautiful personal touch. When we finished...my husband decided to take the boys for a walk... Obviously, this book has inspiration for fathers! And such a plus for the biracial family! (were and American and Caribbean biracial family. This book touched their heart! Many many thanks!

I came across this book on instagram, and immediately purchased this book to read with my daughter. She’s sees the bald black guy and says “daddy”. Obviously it’s not me, but the similarities are hilarious! I don’t mind being compared to a father who loves his child unconditionally at all! The personal note in the front, and the good dad declaration were great touches!


If you would like to order a copy you can do so through Amazon by CLICKING HERE 

No comments:

Post a Comment