Sunday, February 3, 2019

The Day My Four Year Old Went Viral



On January 28th 2019 I was watching the NHL Skills competition with my four year old daughter and after some of the Team USA & Team Canada ladies took part she says to me "Dad I want to do that" I posted a photo of her from the first time she tried skating online with the following caption




Within a few hours it had a few hundred likes and my mind was blown.  Then I received a message from Hockey Night In Canada saying to keep an eye on their social media feeds.




















I then received a request from NBC Sports & NHL on NBC asking permission to post the clip of her skating on their feeds





















In five days my little girl has been seen by over 450,000 people.  I've received messages from all over the world from other hockey moms and dads proudly sharing the stories of their little ones and their dreams.  I received messages from Olympians and also this one from a female hockey commentator in Minnesota.  Out of all the positive messages I've received there has only been about five negative and sarcastic posts which in this day an age of keyboard warriors and trolls is quite impressive.  I won't even post what they were as they're not even worth mentioning.



My daughter watched her first hockey game when she was four months old in 2014 and has always
been around the game every Saturday night she will watch the Leafs game with me.



My wife and I are very proud of our little one and she's not even five years old.  She is in league bowling this year and has won several awards already for most improved average and bowler of the month.  She continues to blow us a way and we have no doubt she will succeed with whatever she chooses to do in life.










No comments:

Post a Comment